Thursday 24 January 2008

19th Jannnn =)

I've been off all this week so far with sore throat, stomach pains, and general tiredness. I think it's going around at the minute, everyone seems to be ill. Anywayz, last week I had a really good session, we split up into 2 groups, and our group consisted of me, Stuart, Pembury, Dale, Tumo, Liam, Luke, Mike and Cobie. The split was mainly due to too large a group for training in small areas. After we did a nice long warm-up, I worked on a few movements around the top of the stairs at City hall, trying to keep things fast and smooth. I also did the large rail precision at the top of the big stair set, which was quite nice. Stu then decided to attempt and horrificly bail 'Menergy', which left him with a very sore leg for the day. We trained at the green rails for a bit where I accomplished another rail precision that I was pleased with, I think I'm the only person to have done it so far so it was named the jacknife, Haha! Cobie accomplished some new movements here, doing two different underbars over one of the rails, he did them both really well and they're in the video of the day.
After this, we moved onto the college, where we acquired Jammie into our group, and we decided to head up to the Castle. There was a new play park recently built there, which we used for a while, and then trained around the rails there, working on clearing them quickly while using only the white squares. I think it left quite a few of us with aching quads, as the floors are sloped, and the uphill run-up added to the challenge. We worked on lots of different varieties of movement for a few hours here, and then worked our way back down to the centre of Lincoln where we met up with the other group, and me, Stuart and Luke did a nice warm down to end the day.

It was a really good training session, but it did take it out of me and I think I probably pushed myself a bit too hard for my current state, so I'll have to take it real easy this saturday, especially as I've been ill. However, the saiyans are down again! So we have another day of training with them, and we're also heading to the new chinese restaurant to celebrate my birthday. What a great birthday!

1 comment:

Josh - Traceur said...

You have the wrong URL for Whizey.
The real on is http://www.james-traceur.blogspot.com/
Josh