Monday 15 October 2007

Lincs Parkour - September 29th

Two more jams have passed since my last post, and more training in Welton has occured. I’m also posting to say how pleeeeaaased I am that there has been another workshop announced in Lincolnshire, this time at the PGL centre, which I myself have never been to, but have heard from others about how good it is.
Well, truth be told, I'm not pleased with the way my training is going at the minute. I seem to constantly feel that I'm not on top form, and it seems to be steadily getting worse, with a constant aching, stiff feeling in my knees that makes me feel quite powerless, and I seem to tire much quicker than usual. I’ve also had a lot of trouble from my lower back in the last few months, the point where I banged never seems to have healed. I know that I'm not conditioning as much as I should be at the minute as well, and I'm constantly putting it off due to having 'other things to do' which is just an excuse in my head that makes me not feel bad about myself.
I know I need to sort things out, and I'm hoping that with the weeks break ahead I'll use the time wisely to train, condition and generally progress. However, my main concern at the minute is with my legs in general, as they don't feel strong at all, and I get twinges in the muscle when squatting. If this doesn't subside I fear I may have to take some time out to condition and stretch to the max and ditch the high impact stuff for while, until I feel my strength increasing again.
Hopefully this won't be the case and it’s just a short term thing, but I don’t want to risk long term injury, so if it has to happen then it will happen.

On a more positive note, I have accomplished a few targets and new movements lately, as have other people at LPk. The video of a recent jam is at the top which shows a lot of people accomplishing new movements. If knees and back prevail, much more of this should be going on very soon!

No comments: